By: Misty Eilar
Being the mother of the Bride or Groom is stressful due to giving your child over to someone else to love and cherish. That will be their new number 1 besides you. It is an adjustment. We are sharing some ways to make you feel special during the ceremony and festivities and it may include gifts.
1. Special Jewlery - A nice necklace, bracelet or ring that brings a special meaning with it. It doesn't have to be expensive either. I got my mom a handmade ring with my name on it, then once we started having kids, we got her one with their name. For her birthday I even got her one with my brother's name on it. Soon adding the newest addition's name on a ring to her collection.
2. Add a moment in the ceremony or rehearsal dinner to recognize them and show them how much you love them. A little speech or video works great and is an outward sign to show them your love. We added out parents to a candle in the wedding ceremony and also a candle of the family who has passed away to light. I had one candle, husband had one and they the unity candle had the people closest to us that had passed away. We wanted them to be included and remembered.
3. Buy them a new outfit for the big day. Spoil them a little. I helped my mom pick hers out. (She wouldn't let me pay for it - I tried) I did make sure to help her with her makeup and hair.
4. A scrapbook or card to show them how much they mean to you. I love making photo books for the family I don't see often and are great ways to show them love and appreciation. In the card, you can add a note or a letter letting them know how special they are. A lovely heartfelt gesture.
5. If you really want to do something big, I have heard that some people send their moms on a small vacation. It lets them relax and enjoy themselves. I would send my mom to a cabin or a rock n' roll historic place. (Huge Ozzy fan!)
Let your moms know you care and love them. Happy Mother's Day!